Every family living in France with 2 or more children can apply for child benefit, child allowance (in French: allocation familiales (AF)). This is done by the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF, www.caf.fr/wps/portal/). For the Cote d'Azur this is the CAF des Alpes Maritimes (www.caf.fr/wps/portal/votrecaf/061).
Caisse d'Allocations Familiales des Alpes-Maritimes
06175 Nice Cedex 2
Telephone number: 08 20 25 06 10 (0.112 Euro for the first minute, after that 0.09 Euro/min)
Places to visit
You have 6 centers to go to:
- Grasse, 9 Bd Victor Hugo
- Nice Nord, 69 av. Borriglione
- Nice Ouest, 22 avenue St Augustin
- Menton, 10 rue Victor Hugo
- Antibes, 660 allee des Terriers
- Cannes, 13-15 rue Buttura
This is how I applied for it
- I downloaded and printed this form from the website of CAF: http://www.caf.fr/pdfj/af.pdf (it is very hard to find on the website!)
- I filled out the form and prepared all paperwork (mentioned on the form)
- I went to the next center of CAF. After waiting in a long queue, I was helped by a friendly woman to apply for AF.
I made to experience that people in France working for the government don't speak (or don't want to speak) English. If you don't speak French, ask somebody to do your phone calls and bring someone to translate when you go to the center.
Please let me know if anything is incorrect or changed in the meantime.
Good luck, Pascale Locher
By AWeb Design